Why the Mauna Lani?
You only have to come here once to know why it is ... the one and only, Mauna Lani. But here are three great reasons ....
First, it is located on the South Kohala coast where it only rains 8 - 10 inches a year. That is just about the least amount of rain as anywhere on the Big Island. Compare that to 40+ inches just south in Kona, or 120+ inches a year across the island in Hilo. We are your best chance of no rain and blues skies, of anywhere on the island. That's why all the major resorts of the island are on the South Kohala coast.
Second, it is just a fact that the Mauna Lani is a lot less crowded and congested than the Waikoloa beach resort or others. Many of our guests have commented to us that they have moved to the Mauna Lani to get away from the crowds at Waikoloa.
Third, here are some words that we have heard used by guests to describe the Mauna Lani Resort and its amenities:
- World Famous
- Triple A Resort
- Four Diamond, World Class Resort
- Two amazing resort hotels in one resort, the Mauna Lani Bay Hotel & the Fairmont Orchid Hotel
- 14 separate restaurants
- The pristine, private, Mauna Lani Beach Club beach
- The Mauna Lani Spa & Salon, ranked one of the "World's Best Spas" by Travel & Leisure magazine
- Miles of beautiful walking and jogging paths
- Two world renowned Golf Courses at discounted rates for our guests - currently priced at just $10 more than the hotel guest rate
- Sunset cruises
- The Kalahuipua'a Fish Ponds, or royal lagoons as the are sometimes called.
- Honu-Hawaiian Green Sea Turtles
- Whale watching
- And just about the best snorkeling in all of Hawaii - at the Mauna Lani Beach Club beach
… so come to one of our homes in the Mauna Lani and avoid the rain & the crowds. Experince all that the Mauna Lani has to offer!